Sunday, August 28, 2005

Dear Banana Republic Commericals that Ruined the Fun of "Project Runway",

Yeah, I have a question in reference to your ads during the ProjectRunway show on Bravo. I have seen Chapters 8 and 9 ad nauseum. It is a credit to the show (and not the ads, for sure) that I'm so completely obsessed with Project Runway it quite nearly doesn't effect me. If I was witness to an ad campaign this repititive, this relentless, I would surely change the channel to avoid them at all costs. In attempt to find some sort of closure in the story, I came to this web site in search of the elusive"Chapter 10", or at least some resolution for the ridiculous dressing ritual of an imaginary couple that I have seen to the point of memorization. To my utter dismay, Chapters 8, 9 AND 10 were exactly alike. I was wondering if the ads came to any sort of conclusion or perhaps even an end. I suppose I was over shooting with my expectations. I won't be so silly again. I guess I'm just not as beautiful on the inside, too.

Love,

me

PS: I actually sent this letter to Banana Republic. Their response is saved on a comment to this entry...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. F-------,

Thank you for your message about our recent ads shown during Project
Runway. We're sorry to hear you do not care for them. As our market is quite diverse, we create a wide range of materials with many different themes and treatments in an effort to reach everyone at one time or another. Sometimes we miss the mark with some customers, and while it's
disappointing to hear, it does encourage us to keep trying new ideas that may be more appealing. We hope you'll keep watching and continue to let us know how we're doing.

We hope you will continue to visit and shop at BananaRepublic.com.

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us via e-mail at custserv@bananarepublic.com or by calling 1-888-BR-STYLE. Our Customer Service Consultants are available 24 hours a day for your convenience.

Sincerely,

Lisa
Customer Service Consultant

Austin said...

That's awesome that you actually got a response. You should write back and convince Lisa that the ads are affecting you so much that you need Banana Republic gift certificates.