Dear Beloved SUV,
Although this may be a material world, I am not a particularly material girl. After having two really shitty cars, you are a beautiful part of my life. With your leather seats and your CD player and your automatic doo-dads, I am smitten. I look past your superficial door dents, scrapes (mostly from me hitting parked things), high mileage and brake dust. So maybe sometimes you don't turn on in the winter. And maybe sometimes it costs $60 to fill you up. It is but a small price to pay to keep you in my life. I've never felt such an attachment to a vechile before, and I'm not completely sure why I think you are the bees' knees. Someday soon, while I am driving you, you will fall apart in a pile around me. I know this. I will be sitting at a traffic light and suddenly, I will be sitting on the ground holding a mere leather-covered steering wheel. I am saving my pennies for just such a day. A day I hope I can postpone by love alone.
love,
me
No comments:
Post a Comment