Sunday, October 02, 2005

Dear Van I Have To Drive For Work,

Hi it's me. The one you hate. You know, the one who kicked you that time you overheated and broke down. Well, I'm sorry about that. The one that calls you "That Fucking Beast". The one that's been neglecting to get your oil changed. I'm sorry about that too.

I realize I should be nicer to you. I mean, not everyone gets to drive around in a 15 passenger van at work. I should probably feel lucky, right?
Well, I don't. Sometimes, there is nothing that makes me hate my job more than hopping up into the cockpit of your massivity. Of course, you aren't as difficult to drive as the Big Van at my last job, which had a wheelchair ramp on the back. That van really sucked.

I guess when I signed up to work with people with developmental disabilities, I didn't think it would continually driving gigantic, unwieldy vehicles. And calling them "vehicles". I can't stop calling them "vehicles". Please, someone help me.

Well, actually, I just wanted to say to you, Van: I don't like you much either, but can we try to get along? I promise not to kick you anymore.

Love,

me

No comments: