Monday, June 12, 2006

Dear Fans of James Blunt,

Not that long ago, my dear friend, who works in a record store, mentioned "James Blunt" to me. He also mentioned hating James Blunt with every fibre (British spelling added for emphasis) of his being. I believe he also mentioned something about a "no-talent ass clown". Well, dear fans of James Blunt, unbelievably, I had not yet heard of this spectre (British spelling added for emphasis). For days after my friend mentioned James Blunt, he was everywhere, invading every private moment, every commute, every bit of reading material surrounding me. I realize this must have been so wonderful for you. It probably felt a lot like it did for me when John Mayer got famous. My friends and I drove to St. Louis for a Guster concert, and low and behold there was a reasonably attractive, music geek with a calulator watch, playing a simple acoustic guitar, opening for them. This was April 2001. By April 2002 we saw him in Kansas, surrounded by 1500 screaming sorority girls in tight, fake-retro John Mayer t-shirts and large, overpriced hand bags. Things had changed. So, James Blunt fans, I feel I can emphasize with you. To some degree.

What I can't wrap my head around is James Blunt. I just don't get it. I don't like his shitty music and I definetly can't understand what is so attractive about him. Thats about all the exposition I can muster on the topic. Unfair? Perhaps.

Sorry.

love,
me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

em·pa·thize verb.
- To feel empathy in relation to another person.

em·pha·size tr.verb.
- To give emphasis to; stress.

O. Dear said...

hence - the 3,284,376th reason i dropped out of j-school.